CLEAN--Update Numero Uno

My first week of the CLEAN program is done and I have to say it has not been half as hard as I was expecting it to be. It may be because I was already used to only having one full meal a day (lunch) with two protein shakes for the other 2 meals. I have been very strict on myself and have tried to follow the program to a "T". No cheating or sabotaging the cleanse in any way. Wesley and I even had to travel to Nashville for the weekend for his Tennessee Physical Therapy Association annual meeting and I prepared every meal for the entire weekend for us to take with us. And believe me, I wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory so bad, but instead we went to the movies. ;)

I have to say that I honestly have felt good each day. He warns of headaches, but I honestly only had a slight one the first couple of days; usually in the afternoon around 3pm. I have always tended to bloat everyday a little in my tummy area and during this week my tummy looks so much flatter now and I have not experienced any bloating or upset tummy. I believe this program is actually working just like Dr. Junger says it should. I also am a chronic insomniac if I don't medicate myself and I have slept better than I have in years since starting the cleanse-I no longer wake up every couple of hours. Overall I feel really good and am excited to complete the full 21 days.

Just to give you a little laugh I must tell you that when I first began the cleanse I was determined to do EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING, that Dr. Junger suggested. Now mind you these were only suggestions and not mandatory to complete the cleanse, but me being the obsessed control freak that I am thought "I will do it ALL". Looking back that was a stupid decision. On Monday night Wes and I decided to take the advice of eating a clove of garlic. BAD DECISION!!! It was so spicy!!! Not only was it spicy, but also since you cannot chew gum or anything during the cleanse you have to go the rest of the night with nasty garlic breath (needless to say no making out for us that night). After we ate the garlic clove, we decided to do the next "nasty" thing and drank 2 Tbsps of olive oil. Ahhhh...there is nothing like olive oil stuck on the roof of your mouth, tongue, teeth, and lips...everything for the rest of the night now tasted like garlic and olive oil...yuck!!! Anyways, needless to say we bought some garlic pills the next day to take and have quit the whole olive oil thing. :)

And finally the best part....I have lost a total of 8lbs so far since last Monday!!! Yay Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment