4.22.2011

AFI's 100 Best Movies: #100 Ben-Hur



Wesley and I watched #100 Ben-Hur the last two nights and I have to say I found it very appropriate for this time of year.  If you have seen it before you know that I am talking about the fact that within the story of the Ben-Hur family there is the life and Crucifixion of Christ.  I had never seen Ben-Hur before and neither had Wesley, so we were completely caught off-guard by the Easter story being in the movie we had chose to watch right here at Easter time.

Overall, Ben-Hur was a good movie and I enjoyed watching all 4 hours of it.  Yes, that's right 4 hours (2 DVDs).  I would recommend that everyone see at one time or the other.  The only complaint I have is that though Charlton Heston does a good job playing Judah Ben-Hur, he certainly does not look Jewish in any way...

No comments:

Post a Comment