They were an ABSOLUTE hit at our family cookout and fireworks show. Everyone thought they were mini-slider burgers instead of cupcakes. Wes even took some to work for his fellow staff and they thought not only were they great looking but that they were super tasty.
I decided to take a photo that would make them look even more like Burgers :)
Our platter of Burgers
**How to make these Slider Burger Cupcakes:**
They are made with white cake or "buns", and dark chocolate cake" or "burger patties" and starburst or "cheese" and condiments made from colored frosting.
- Make a double batch of your favorite white cake recipe and a single batch of dark chocolate cake.
- Roll out several yellow starbursts (we used yellow and orange since only a few of these colors were in our candy bag) using confectioners' sugar to keep from sticking to parchment paper for cheese.
- Color some frosting green and red for the lettuce and ketchup.
- Cut in half the white cupcakes after cooling and remove tops from all of cooled chocolate cupcakes. (You will have leftovers, but if you have a husband like mine he will enjoy these for days to come)
To Assemble Cupcakes:
- Place a cut chocolate cupcake in the center of the halved white cupcake.
- Place yellow rolled-out starburst on top of chocolate cupcake.
- Add red and green frosting to the top of "cheese" for lettuce and ketchup (we let ours run off the sides in different places to give it extra effect)
- Top with the white cupcake topper for top "bun".
- Brush the top "bun" with a small amount of honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place them on a platter to make them look even more like a bunch of mini-slider burgers. And FINALLY ENJOY!!!